Epson Announces Four High-Performance Projectors Designed for Education
LONG BEACH, Calif. – Jan. 10, 2011 – Epson, the number-one selling projector brand worldwide, today announced four new budget-friendly projectors designed for classroom use – the PowerLite 92, 93, 95, and 96W. Replacing the current PowerLite 83V+, 83+, 84+, 85+ and 826W+, these projectors offer a more robust built-in speaker, increased brightness and HDMI digital connectivity to deliver high-quality audio and video with one cable.
“As multimedia content becomes a standard element of classrooms, Epson continues to develop products that deliver high-quality images and sound to enhance students’ learning experiences,” said Sara Kim, product manager, Epson America. “This series of projectors brings an ideal blend of high performance features and future-ready connectivity to the classroom at a price point that won’t hurt the bottom line.”
The PowerLite 92 ($649*) and 93 ($699*) offer 2400 lumens of color and white light output and the PowerLite 95 ($799*) features 2600 lumens of color and white light output; all three projectors deliver XGA resolution. The PowerLite 96W ($899*) offers 2700 lumens color and white light output with WXGA (1280 x 800) resolution, allowing teachers to fully leverage widescreen notebooks or tablets and widescreen DVD content. In addition, the PowerLite 93, 95 and 96W feature network connectivity to easily monitor and control networked Epson projectors remotely. The PowerLite 95 and 96W offer even more robust network functionality including the ability to transmit both audio and video content over the IP network, as well as through an optional wireless module.
More about the PowerLite 90-series
The Epson PowerLite 92, 93, 95, and 96W provide several convenient and advanced features to improve the classroom, including:
- Increased Communication: Powerful internal 16-watt speaker fills the classroom with sound and saves on equipment costs; built-in closed captioning decoder makes presentations accessible to viewers with hearing impairments at no added cost and helps meet ADA section 508 compliance; PowerLite 95 and 96W also offer a convenient microphone input, saving the teacher’s voice and ensuring all students can hear
- Advanced Connectivity: All projectors feature HDMI digital connectivity to connect to the latest devices for high-quality video and digital audio; PowerLite 93, 95 and 96W offer RJ-45 wired LAN connectivity for remote projector management as well as use of a virtual remote control via a web browser for basic projector control from a computer instead of the projector’s remote control; PowerLite 95 and 96W offer the ability to send content over the IP network as well as the ability to broadcast messages for advertising events or important instructions; PowerLite 95 and 96W deliver wireless functionality via an optional wireless module
- Teaching Aids: Pre-designed line and graph pattern templates or customizable images aid in instruction, saving valuable class time by eliminating the need for teachers to draw lines and grids on a whiteboard or blackboard
- USB Plug ‘n Play: Instantly projects images, transmits audio and controls the presentation from either a Windows® PC or Mac via a single USB connection; allows for easier set up and eliminates the hassle of dealing with bulky VGA cables and toggling between computer keys
- Setup Flexibility: 1.2x optical zoom and +30 degree automatic vertical keystone correction provide easy and convenient setup in multiple classroom settings; new +30 degree horizontal keystone correction provides the ultimate flexibility, allowing the projector to be placed on a table that may not be centered with the screen and still get a standard formatted image
- Convenient Control: Direct Power On and Off allows for an installed projector to be powered with a flip of a wall switch; Instant On/Off® enables teachers to avoid delays when starting and finishing presentations and be up and running in seconds; A/V Mute Slide stops the sound and picture to allow for a quick pause in the presentation
- Extended Lamp Life: Using Epson’s exclusive E-TORL lamp technology, the lamp life can last up to 6,000 hours in economy mode helping to maximize presentation time
- 3LCD Technology: Features the latest, 3LCD, 3-chip technology to deliver amazing, true-to-life color and detail for powerful presentations; 3LCD technology provides an energy-efficient light engine which efficiently uses available lamp light to create stunning images; in contrast to 1-chip DLP technology, 3LCD requires, on average, 25 percent less electricity per lumen of brightness
With a free My-iQ account, you'll be able to keep track of the latest updates and event notifications from your favorite AV manufacturers, manage your own projects and discover new pro-AV products.
Request more information from a dealer near you