NEC Display Solutions of America, a leading provider of commercial LCD display and projector solutions, announced today that its new 30-inch MultiSync® MD302C6 LCD wide-screen display received Food and Drug Administration 510(k) market clearance for diagnostic review applications in healthcare organizations.
The 30-inch color display, NEC’s first six-megapixel unit, features an IPS panel and
LED backlight, and is designed to provide precise grayscale reproduction and wide viewing angles. The monitor’s 16-bit lookup table provides 1,024 levels of gray out of a palette of 4,096, when using a 10-bit DisplayPort connection.
The MD302C6 monitor includes out-of-the-box calibration to the DICOM grayscale display function for luminance. An integrated front sensor constantly monitors and adjusts brightness to maintain the factory DICOM GSDF calibration.
The monitor also features dual DisplayPort and DVI-D inputs, allowing the MD302C6 to function as a drop-in replacement for dual 3MP color diagnostic displays.
“The MD302C6 brings a powerful six-megapixel display with LED backlight to healthcare professionals in medical imaging and multi-modality PACS (Picture Archiving and Communication System),” said Art Marshall, Product Manager of Professional and Medical Displays at NEC Display Solutions. “The dual 3MP mode also allows this to serve as a dual monitor replacement with no center bezel distracting the radiologist.”
Also included is NEC’s GammaCompMD™ QA software, which ensures worry-free calibration and conformance to the DICOM GSDF standard. The software ensures consistent image quality and an easy-to-use QA environment for medical imaging. Optionally, GammaComp MD Server software provides computer networks with centralized control and management of multiple display systems.
The MD302C6 feature set includes:
- 30-inch IPS panel and 6-megapixel resolution with wide viewing angles
- 1000:1 contrast ratio and 400 cd/m² calibrated brightness (800 cd/m² native resolution)
- Dual 3-megapixel replacement functionality
- Integrated front sensor to maintain calibration for the life of the display
- Factory calibration to the DICOM grayscale function for luminance
- 16-bit internal lookup table (LUT), which provides for more finely detailed, high-definition rendering of color images and crisper display of even the most delicate shadings
- Integrated two port USB 2.0 hub for easy connection to peripherals
- Dual DisplayPort and DVI-D inputs for drop-in dual 3MP replacement
- 150mm height adjustability in landscape orientation (103mm in portrait), as well as tilt and swivel
- Medical certifications, including UL60950-1, UL60601-1 and FDA 510(k) clearance
- Restriction on Hazardous Substances (RoHS) compliant
- Five-year limited warranty with Advanced Overnight Exchange
The MultiSync MD302C6 display is available at an estimated street price of $12,099. The display ships with a five-year limited parts and labor warranty, including Advanced Overnight Exchange, which is one of the best warranties in the industry.
About NEC Display Solutions of America, Inc.
Headquartered in Itasca, Ill., NEC Display Solutions of America, Inc., is a leading designer and provider of innovative desktop LCD monitors, commercial- and professional-grade large-screen LCD displays, a diverse line of multimedia and digital cinema projectors, and integrated display solutions. NEC Display Solutions develops leading-edge visual technology and customer-focused solutions for a wide variety of markets, including enterprise, healthcare, education and digital signage. For additional information about NEC Display Solutions of America products, call (866) NEC-MORE, or visit the website at www.necdisplay.com. For digital images, please visit http://necdisplay.com/digital-media-library. Follow us on our social media channels: Facebook, YouTube, Google+, Twitter and LinkedIn.
VUKUNET, from NEC Display Solutions of America, is the engine that powers the digital out-of-home advertising business. VUKUNET is the only universal ad serving platform that drives ads to any digital out-of-home network, regardless of content management system. VUKUNET makes the buying, flighting and reporting of digital out-of-home ad campaigns easy. For additional information about VUKUNET, visit www.vukunet.com, or call (877) 805-VUKU. For VUKUNET logos and digital images, please visit http://www.vukunet.com/pressresources.aspx.