Based on an all-new evolution of Tannoy’s proprietary Dual Concentric point-source driver, the CMS 503DC PI has been fundamentally re-engineered to deliver wider and more consistent broadband directivity, even greater intelligibility, and a more accurate and linear response.
The new Dual Concentric driver design features revolutionary Omnimagnet™ technology and unique patent-pending Torus Ogive Waveguide™ device, together providing more consistent and controlled directivity along with improved high frequency response. Improved time-alignment and greater coherence between LF and HF results in a wider sweet spot for enhanced performance both onand off-axis. The re-designed baffle provides a subtle extension to the waveguide effect for additional sonic benefits.
The CMS 503DC PI also features extra clamp extension to accommodate thicker ceiling panels, and a locking design that prevents inadvertent over-screwing. Magnetic grille attachment enables easy removal and fitting for custom painting and tapping changes with grilles now available as either traditional style (inset in bezel) or new Arco™ style which conceals the entire unit for more architectfriendly aesthetic appeal.
The CMS 503DC PI utilizes a 16 ohm driver, making it ideal for use in high performance low-impedance systems (with optimized performance when used in conjunction with Lab.gruppen LUCIA amplifiers). A low-insertion loss 30 W transformer is included, with convenient front bezel switching for taps at 30 W, 15 W and 7.5 W, with an additional 3.75 W tap for traditional constant voltage systems.
The CMS 503DC PI is supplied without a back-can. All models are supplied with classic grille, two tile support rails and one C-ring; Arco grille back-can and plaster (mud) ring are available as optional accessories.
- Advanced new Dual Concentric driver design utilizing Omnimagnet technology
- Torus Ogive Waveguide device for improved broadband directivity
- Tight, uniform 90-degree dispersion pattern for high-ceiling applications
- Improved time alignment and phase coherence, delivering even better sonic performance
- High power and high sensitivity with extended frequency response and very low distortion
- Improved LF performance for applications where genuine bottom-end is a must
- Low insertion-loss, 30 watt line transformer for a more powerful and dynamic performance
- Convenient front-tapping switch for settings
- Magnetically-adhering grille system for easy custom painting and optional Arco designer grilles for minimal architectural impact
- Three-clamp, self-aligning mounting system
- UV resistant baffle and grille
- Packaged with classic grille, tile rails and C-ring for quick and easy installation and simple stocking logistics
- Voice Alarm Systems
- Multizone Foreground Music & Paging Systems
- Boardrooms & Offices
- Business Music Systems
- Airports, Convention Centres, Hotels
- Reception/Waiting Rooms
- Houses of Worship
- Retail Outlets/Shopping Malls
- Cruise Ships