Multi-channel power amplifiers combine Class-D efficiency with features designed specifically to benefit commercial installation sound systems. The Series is comprised of 8 different models with varying output power capabilities and flexible in/out connectivity to accommodate a wide range of installation environments.
Installed sound applications often demand both high and low impedance connectivity in the same venue, requiring separate, dedicated amplifiers or an external transformer. XMV power amplifiers, however, can operate in both high-impedance (70V/100V line) or low-impedance (4?/8?) modes simultaneously, eliminating the need for additional equipment, as well as streamlining the installation process. XMV power amplifiers also enable both 70V and 100V operation for every pair of channels by simply selecting the preferred mode using the dip switches on the rear panel. High impedance operation often requires the use of two combined channels in bridge mode, but with XMV amplifiers, 70V or 100V mode can be assigned to every pair of channels without affecting the number of available output channels.
The newly developed Double Power Mode function effectively doubles the output power of selected channels in order to drive speakers with higher output power. This means that speakers with varying output capacities can be powered simultaneously by the same amplifier, adding flexibility to system design and configuration.
XMV amplifiers come equipped with either the newly developed YDIF digital audio format, or Audinate’s digital audio network Dante. YDIF allows easy setup with the use of Ethernet cables while Dante models can be used for larger venues where long distant cabling is required.
When XMV power amplifiers are used in systems with MTX series processors, settings such as the mute on/off or attenuator changes can be set via computer using the MTX Editor software application. YDIF and Dante ports make system configuration simple and fast with instant connectivity and flexible parameter control.
XMV amplifiers feature an innovative, new, patent pending circuit that improves the already highly efficient Class D circuit topology, bringing the efficiency level of the amplifier's output stage up to over 90%. This is achieved by automatically switching the circuit to match the corresponding output voltage. In high-impedance connections, both 70V and 100V operation can be achieved since the circuit is already capable of operating in high voltages. However, using the same circuit in lowimpedance operation can mean excessive energy loss, so by automatically switching to a lower voltage drive, efficiency is improved significantly without sacrificing crucial aspects of the amp's performance such as keeping the distortion levels to a minimum.
- Four-channel power amp that can operate in both high-impedance (70V/100V line) or low-impedance modes simultaneously
- 70V or 100V mode can be assigned to every pair of channels without affecting number of available output channels
- Double power mode function effectively doubles output power of selected channels
- Equipped with either YDIF digital audio format or Audinate’s digital audio network Dante for simple and fast system configuration
- Easy setting such as mute on/off or attenuator changes with MTX Editor when used in system with MTX Series
- Improves already highly efficient Class D circuit topology, bringing efficiency level
- Power Factor Correction equipped switching power supply
- Powerful, intelligent protection features for more reliable operation